Thursday, September 23, 2010

Good Riddance


We've had a lot of dragonflies in our yard lately. I wasn't sure if I should be nervous around them because they do contain the words dragon and flies in their name so like I would any new friend (or insect) I encounter, I googled them.

Turns out they are indeed a friend because they eat mosquitos.  Carry on with all that eating dear dragonfly, carry on.

But this dragonfly raised a good point. You know it's time to cut down the dying flowers when a dragonfly can land on a weathered shell of one.  So that's what we did this past weekend- cut down the flowers.  And I have to say, IT FELT GOOD. 

Until next year I guess.

Read here, here and here for more on the pain in my ass hydrangeas. Oh alright, since I'm fair, here too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio