Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Party at My House

Only two weeks left in our first year as new home owners.  Today I want to talk about one of my most favorite things about owning our home- ENTERTAINING.  I love hosting gatherings and in this past year alone we've had countless dinner parties, a Christmas-cookie-decorating get-together, many many game nights with friends and we've been the go-to spot for out of town loved ones.

Like my bestie Misty who visited from Arizona.

And my true love Mary Anne who loaded up the kiddos and traveled all the way from Wisconsin.

And my bff Tearah who was home from Texas.

And my dad and his wife Kat who came from Missouri.

I know that we'd be able to entertain guests no matter where we lived, but it's especially nice to do it in our home.  A place where we are constantly creating memories and I love that so many of our friends and family members are creating memories here too. A place where I'm worked my tail off to create a comfy and inviting space; I think it's worked too because that's often what I hear from the people who visit our home- that it's so comfy and cozy and they don't want to leave.  I wish they didn't have to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio