Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Kitchen & Dining Room, Before

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas. I know my family and I most certainly did; it was our first Christmas in our home and it was very special.  We hosted Christmas dinner, which lit a fire under my butt to complete the kitchen and dining room.   I wanted our guests to feel welcomed and comfortable, and that's difficult to do amongst boxes and clutter. 

So before I show you the finished rooms, I thought you might like to see where we started. 
We are very fortunate that not only did the home come with appliances, but they're only a couple years old.  The cabinets are a gorgeous warm honey (as is the wood floor) with detailed bronze knobs.  I love that the two corner cabinets feature lazy susans and the pull-out spice rack is so very convenient. 

I am surprised that the previous owners choose a mauve color to accent the white backsplash since the wallpaper is made up of light green leaves but I definitely appreciate it as it works perfectly in the room's new color scheme.

I love the moulding, I love the light fixtures, I love the spacious panty and I love the sliding glass doors that lead out to our deck and backyard.  Really the only changes needed to make this space "ours" was a more modern paint color and some decorative accents. Stay tuned for the reveal :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio