Saturday, December 5, 2009

Up in Lights

Now that our tree is decorated, we've been busy getting the rest of our house decorated for Christmas.  Next on our list was the outside.  We had some lights but definitely not enough, so we headed to Home Depot for more.  Oh, and a ladder!  Who knew I'd ever be so excited about buying a ladder?  Once there we found these handy dandy light hooks; I had no idea such things even existed.  Years past when I would decorate our apartment balcony, I would just hang the lights from tiny nails I hammered into the wood.  Probably not the best idea when you're working with vinyl siding and roof shingles though.

Clay and I had a bit of a disagreement when it came to which style lights to buy. I would prefer to decorate with all white lights, which I think is a classic, understated look. Clay likes lots of color; he thinks clear lights can be boring and not as much fun as twinkling multi-colored lights.  So we compromised and bought some of each. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio