Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fingerprint Artwork, Displayed

Now that the last of the wallpaper is removed from the hallway and living room of our home, I've been thinking about paint choices and decor ideas.  For the hallway, I love the idea of displaying my children's artwork. I knew we'd need a method of showcasing pictures that could be easily changed because Narls creates A LOT of drawings in his early preschool class. 

Pottery Barn's cable and clip system is perfect!  I'm not exactly loving the $39 a piece price tag though, especially since I figure we'd need at least two for our hallway.  $80 is more than I want to spend on decorating our hallway.

A few other homes have used something similar to this to display their children's art in their home and wow, I  love each one of them. I'm definitely sold on this idea.

In this home, Tahni used a curtain rod and curtain rings.



The bottom two pictures use a 3-piece curtain suspension kit from Ikea which at $30, is only slightly less than Pottery Barn's cable kit.  I have a diy idea that I think may work and if it does, it'll only cost less than a third of that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio