Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wall Help Needed

When you first walk down the steps into our family room, you are greeted with this:


Lovely isn't it? I absolutely adore the birds and the family pictures we chose to fill the frames. Unfortunately this next wall isn't as lovely.


Then we have my darling teal wall. The mirror and sconces are here only because we had them on hand and I wanted to fill the wall. This is not where these items are going to live forever.


I have a lot of things in my mind that I feel like could work in either spot but I'm been thinking about this for so long that I feel like I've over-thought everything and am now unable to make a decision. I'd love your input.

All along I thought I would buy a tree decal for the tan wall. 

I think that is so striking!  However, I'm wondering if it's too much decal-action in one room.  Another option is to buy more prints by Alan Buckle which match the set I already have (and love so much!), but again that little nagging voice in my head is saying this would be too matchy-matchy.
There's always the option of putting a large mirror on the tan wall.  It'd reflect the sunshine coming in from the window on the opposite wall and it would make the width of the room feel bigger. I really like this one from Pier 1.

And lastly, there is also the option of installing some floating ledges and decorating them with frames and organic-y trinkets, similar to this:
Many options, two walls. I can't decide.  Do any of these options seem to work best to you?  And if so, where?  Do you know of something I missed that would better work for this room? I’d appreciate any advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio