Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tour of Our Town

Today is August 18. That means we've been in our home for exactly 11 months. Eleven months guys! That's almost a year! It has literally flown by and I have loved every minute of it. I thought I'd spend this last month of our first year as homeowners sharing some memories we've created and perhaps some tips that we've learned. We'll start with a tour of our new hometown.


Neither Clay nor I am from Swartz Creek but we instantly fell in love with the town and its charm. It's small (population just over 5,000) with a lot of hometown pride. In the summer there are concerts in the park and a family movie is shown in the pavilion every Friday evening. In the winter, an ice-skating rink is created and maintained in the park.


There is a farmer's market every weekend all summer long. One of my family's favorite Sunday rituals is breakfast at a local restaurant with an amazing buffet, then head over the farmer's market for some fresh produce.


Our main attraction to this town was its excellent school district with great teachers and high test scores.  It also means a lot to me that my kids have the opportunity to be in the same school district for their entire K-12th grade education.  And while Narls is still a couple years away from kindergarten, we were able to take advantage of the town's t-ball program for 3-year-olds this past summer.


Once fall hit we had the pleasure of taking in a Swartz Creek football game; it got me all sentimental thinking about my children playing or cheering on this very field when they get older. 

I feel blessed that we love our neighborhood and town and community as much as we love our house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio