Monday, August 2, 2010

Emerson's Cupcake Nursery

What a fabulous time I've had decorating her nursery.  Everything in this room has been hand picked - or made - with lots of thought and even more love.


The walls are painted brown on the bottow (Sherwin-Williams' Rugged Brown) and pink (Sherwin-Williams' Loveable) on the top with cream chair rail separating the two colors.  There is also cream moulding throughout the room which matches her cream furniture.

These cupcake prints were my very first purchase for her room! I fell in love the moment I saw them and purchased the whole set as soon as we closed on our home.


The cupcake cookie jar holds all of her headbands.

These poms are from her first birthday party; I saved a few to hang in her room.  I originally wanted a cupcake chandelier but I decided against it for a couple reasons. First, I really like the ceiling fan in her room and a ceiling fan chandelier just wouldn't work and second, there wasn't $300 in the budget to buy one. So I improvised. The previous owners left that standing lamp (you can actually see it here) and I spray painted in cream, hot glued on some beads, hung a couple cupcakes and tada! I have my own version for less than $10. I also made the curtains for less than $25.

I found that Raggedy Ann at a yard sale for less than a dollar. I had to buy her for Em because she exactly matched the one I used to carry around when I was Emerson's age.  I thought my mom was going to cry when I showed it to her :)




I made Em's bedding (you can see close-up pictures here) and the blanket hung over the crib was handmade for Emerson by my bestfriend Tearah while she was deployed overseas.

Instead of a mobile I hung the dragonflies that my bff Tearah bought for Emerson.

I found that cubby shelf brand new & still in the box at goodwill. Also, I knew she was going to need a larger-than-normal clippie holder since clippie making is one of my absolute favorite crafts, so I decided to make my own.


Her closet is angled because it's on top of our stairs.

She loves shoes (I think I mentioned this before); I have no idea where she gets it from. ;)

I am so in love with space! It's exactly how I hoped it would be: soft, pretty, lovely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio