Saturday, November 21, 2009

Furnishing Our Home

We knew one of the first major purchases we'd have to make moving from a small apartment to a larger house with both a living room and a family room was another furniture set.  Clay and I have been searching for the perfect set this entire month.  I think we've been in a half dozen furniture stores to no avail. Everything was either the wrong size, the wrong color or the wrong price.

Just when we were ready to call off the search and sit on milk crates for the rest of our lives, we found it.  The set.  Right color, right size, right material, and best of all- right price!  So we bought it, and the matching ottoman, right then and there.

Clay and my stepdad went back the next day with my stepdad's truck and loaded it up and brought it home.  We saved ourselves over $100 by opting out of the store's delivery service.  I don't think they would of went that route again though, given the choice.  I heard it was pretty heavy.  And Clay swears he will never move this piece of furniture again so good thing it's such a perfect fit in our family room.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio