Sunday, March 14, 2010

Modernly Rustic

I've been considering some decorating ideas for our family room and searching for some pieces that would flow with the natural, organic-y feel of this space.  I’ve ripped out pages in magazines and favorited sites on the Internet showcasing birds, owls, branches, trees and other items that I would classify as Modernly Rustic. 

This would look cool on a mantle.

And speaking of mantles, I'm loving the Manzanita branches on the this mantle.

I'm on the fence with this branch curtain rod. While I think it could definitely work in the right room, I think it has the tendency to create a Lodge or Camp vibe that I want to avoid.  Is it strange that I'm looking to decorate with branches and owls while avoiding this woodsy look:


I'm imagining Modernly Rustic to be a more contempory approach to the farmhouse/log cabin style.   This is possible to achieve right?
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio