Thursday, July 29, 2010

Master Bedroom Mood Board


You have no idea how much more relaxed I am now that we decided on a decorating theme for our master bedroom.  I'm one of those people that are consumed by something until it's finished and it's been driving me nuts that I had not even a single idea for this space. 

The color scheme will be eggplant purple, espresso brown and gold cream.  Three of the walls will painted in that creamy gold color.  The second wallpaper example from this post gives off the mellowest vibe so that will be put up on the fourth wall, behind the bed.  A simple espresso brown headboard will look the nicest against the busy-ness of the wallpaper and I actually have a couple diy ideas as opposed to buying a brand new (read: expensive) headboard.

Each side of the bed will be flanked with night stands and funky lamps with deep purple curtains on the windows.  Simple cream bedding (which we already own) can be dressed up with interesting purple pillows and I'm going to start thrifting especially for a collection of mirrors that all can be spray painted gold and then hung on a wall. 

The best part about choosing espresso for the dressers is that we can stain what we already have which reduces the furniture expense quite a bit.  I'd love to see sleeker, more modern closet doors and the lighting fixture will need to be replaced and that's going to cost a pretty penny so I'm definitely looking for ways to increase our buck.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Loving the family pictures :P I had been wondering if you had started on your master or at least had some ideas. I love the color palette! Can't wait to see the actual finished product! <3

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio