Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Operation Bathroom Closet, Phase 1


First thing I did was remove every single bottle from the closet. I need to assess my space and it's easiest for me do that when the space is wide and open. Plus I know I have to finish this project because there's no way I can leave all this stuff all over just waiting for the terrorizing hands of my toddlers.

Next I grouped things. I coupon so I have multiples of many things, like a dozen tubes of toothpaste. And ten bottles of shampoo or conditioner. Six bottles of febreeze. Five cans of bug spray. You get the picture. After everything was grouped, I made a list of how many baskets I'd need so that each group would have its own basket.

Now usually Target is my go-to store but for just the toiletries and cleaning supplies I needed ten baskets. So that means this project is starting at the dollar store. They had a ton of various shaped baskets for only a dollar a piece but I was limited on my color choices. Red and blue was not exactly the color palette I was hoping for but whatever, each basket was only a buck. At least they match and come on, you gotta admit it's fun. It'll be like a fiesta every time I open the closet door.

So the toilets and cleaning supplies are grouped, basketed, labeled (yes with masking tape, don't judge) and put back which brings us to Phase Two of Operation Bathroom Closet, which involves the arranging the towels and sheets which I hope to get to in the next couple days.

The towels are big enough to where I don't think they need baskets; they can remain neatly folded on the shelves.  The sheets though, they could use some organizing. Especially since we have king sets for our bed, full sets for Narls' and crib-sized sheets for Em. My next phase of action is to pick up three larger baskets to house each size of bedding sets. And I'd like one more smaller basket to hold wash cloths.

Phase Three (right now Clay is reading this and thinking "Jees lady how many phases are there??") involves wallpapering - or stenciling - the closet. It needs a little something on the walls. Some pizzazz.

And lastly Phase Four will conclude our project with the organizing of under the sink. Stay tuned; I know this project has you on the ends of your seats.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio