Saturday, January 9, 2010

DIY Clippie Holder



When I ordered the fabric to make my daughter's bedding, I ordered a bit extra with the intention of making a holder for her hair clips.  I make her hair clips, so she has tons, and honestly, the already-made clip holders are just too small.  Luckily this was a very easy project and took less than an hour to complete.  Because I made this holder before I officially started blogging, I don't have step-by-step pictures but it's so easy that this tutorial should be all need even without the pictures. Definitely let me know if you have any questions though.

Start with a foam board or a painter's canvas or a cork board (something of that nature) in your desired dimensions. 

Stretch batting around the board and staple along the back edges with a staple gun; trim off any excess.  Make sure it's nice & secure; this is going to give your clippie holder some plushness.

Using the same method, stretch (tight but not too crazy tight) and staple the fabric of your choice around the batting-covered board.

Next, you're going to hot glue or staple strips of ribbon to your board.  Measure out how long your board is, add about an inch, and then adhere the ribbons around the top & bottom of the back of the board. 

Lastly, hot glue or staple a piece of ribbon near the top for hanging and voile! You're done :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio