Monday, January 25, 2010

The Big Curtain Debate

Did you catch a glimpse of the family room’s new curtains in my last post?  That’s another diy project I’ve been working on- getting the curtains for the family room sewn and hung.

I’ve been on the fence about what style curtains would best fit this space. I didn’t want to do brown because I think they’d blend in too much with the brown walls. And I’m not sure a solid teal would be the best choice either because I want the teal to be subtlety accented, not glaringly obvious in every corner.

I wasn’t impressed with the panels I’ve been seeing online and in various stores so I thought I’d take a chance and attempt to make these curtains as I did Narls’.  I found some fabric on Etsy (my number one go-to spot for unique home decorating items) that contains the right colors, is the right price and goes along with the organic/nature theme of the space.


My only issue with these curtains is I would prefer a more scattered bird print; the birds on this fabric are quite close together.  Also, the birds are mostly light blue with a scattering of teal here and there but  I figured I could emphasis the teal by sewing a chunk of solid-colored teal material at the bottom quarter of each panel.


It's no question that the panels help cozy up the space and they give the room another layer of texture.  I'm still on the fence as to whether this particular print is the right one. 

What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio