Thursday, January 21, 2010

We've recently made another big purchase- a big ole flat screen TV that Clay's been researching and researching and researching for months. He’s quite smitten with our new buy, and I can’t lie, I sort of love it too.

The clarity and resolution are amazing and the sleek design is so much more appealing than our older TV. But, once we got it unpackaged and up on the mantle and all I could focus on was the wires and cords and disarray. I don’t like that we have to leave the cabinet door open to access our DVR box and what were we to do with that open box space once the old TV gets moved to the living room?


The solution was actually quite obvious.  We’d make shelves in the space that used to house the old TV.  That way the units that need to be accessed with a remote can get out from behind a cabinet door and there wouldn’t be a weird, open space.

Clay took the measurements and went to Home Depot to buy the wood and brackets.  I sanded and painted the pieces of wood later that night and we drilled holes for the brackets. We didn’t stop there either.  We drilled holes along both sides of the built-ins to discreetly run the flat screen TV’s cords through.


It looks so much nicer now!  And my anxiety no longer goes through the roof now that all the disorder and chaos that used to consume this space are gone.  It's calm.  Relaxing.  I like it.  Do you see the teal frame and vase from last week's thrifting adventure? What about the cute little owl I also got thrifting?  Although I’m not quite in love with the placement of everything just yet, I am happy at how nicely everything is coming together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio