Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Birds of Flight

Remember this wall, which was a little boring and uninteresting?


A friend suggested perhaps painting a scroll design behind the frames to give the wall some appeal.  I instantly fell in love with this idea and started looking online to see if I could find some tips for a painting job such as this.  One site suggested wall decals, which I figured would be easier, less time consuming and a much less chance of mistake (not to mention easy to remove if I was to tire of the design).  I found a seller on Etsy that sells bird decals and I knew that I found my design.  Birds will tie in perfectly with the room's organic/nature theme that is slowly starting to form.  I ordered a mix of brown and teal decals and they arrived yesterday; I went right to work applying them around the pictures.
 

And I love it.  It was exactly what the wall needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio